Daily InspirationYour emotions are a great gift, letting you know when you are on track or off track in your thinking and behavior, or when you need to attend to what is happening with a person or situation. Today, practice learning what your painful emotions are telling you, rather than avoiding them with your various addictions. By Dr. Margaret Paul
The Opportunity of UncertaintyBy Shelley Riutta MSE, LPC
September 22, 2009
Do you have things going on in your life that lead you to feel uncertain and afraid? What if uncertainty is a gateway to even better things in your life?
"There is no certainty on this earth, only opportunity" Douglas MacArthur
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" Albert Einstein
Do you have things going on in your life that lead you to feel uncertain and afraid? Have you lost a job, is a relationship changing - is there some transition going on in your life? With so much change happening in the world right now - we can take different perspectives on what is happening. We can say to ourselves "Everything is crumbling around me, the world is falling apart" or we can say "What is no longer serving my higher growth is fading from my life - opening up an even better path for me to travel.
"What if the Uncertainty is a gateway to even better things in your Life? What if it moves you into examining yourself on a deeper level - helps you to get clear about your true values and priorities - helps you to ask the ever important question "Why are you here - how do you want to use your very precious time on the planet?"
The more you open up to the gifts and opportunities of uncertainty the more you will be using uncertainty as a powerful springboard into an amazing new life.
Here are some other Gifts and Opportunities of Uncertainty:
1. Helps you to deepen your connection with yourself
2. Allows you to pull forth strength and courage from inside of you that you never even knew you had
3. Helps you to loosen your dependence on outer structures and people for your sense of security (question yourself - what outside of me do I rely on for a sense of safety and security?) The shaking of this is to gently remind you that you have incredible resources in your own Spirit that can be called upon and relied upon in any situation - plus your own Spiritual Connection - whatever that is for you.
4. Allows you to develop your faith and trust in the Spiritual realm which is where you come from - being that you are a Spiritual Being having a human experience. When there is nothing to hold onto for certainty in the physical realm - we can have our deepest experiences of connection with the Divine.
5. Opens you up to new paths that you would have never considered if you were back in your old "certain" world.
6. Gives you practice to embrace change with faith and trust - rather than dropping into fear (a priceless ability that you will carry with you forever)
7. Gives you the opportunity to move into a deeper level of Authencity with who you are (drop pretending to be something other than who you are) and to finally line up with your Authentic Dreams and Life Purpose
8. Helps you to WAKE UP rather than live life on auto-pilot.
Shelley Riutta MSE, LPC is a Holistic Psychotherapist and Inner Bonding Facilitator in private practice specializing in Transformational individual counseling, presentations, groups and Workshops. To get her free workbook "What Do You REALLY Want: Finding Purpose and Passion in Your Life" or for information about the free tele-classes she does every month visit her web-site www.RadiantLifeCounseling.com or call her at 877-346-1167.
Send this article to a friend Print this article Bookmarked 1 time(s)
|Are You Stuck in Your Life?|
|Fear of the Unknown|
|Turning Challenges into Opportunities|
Join the Inner Bonding Community to add your comment to articles and see the comments of others...